Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Perfection vs. Balance

Here it is Thursday night, and I'm trying to get back on track after missing a few of my projected content items. I think I mentioned it here, but definitely on Patreon. I have a batch of daily goals for content I want to create and publish each week. One per day for the most part, as I feel that's a realistic goal. I missed my Monday Patreon post, and my Tuesday blog post here. But I'm determined to keep going until I'm [almost always] consistent. So I wanted to post a quick sentiment about perfection that I come back to from time to time.                                                                                                                    I also wanted to share a short video I just uploaded on YouTube. Not the day I would typically do that either (Friday is the day I aspire to publish there). And this was not a planned video. It just happened around things I was already working on. And when inspiration hits, I try to give it room to work. You can watch Trial & Error vs. Tried & True here.

I've been juggling a lot lately (but who isn't?). Obligations to family, my work, and general responsibilities. On top of that, all the creative things I'd like to achieve before this year runs out. I read something the other day that said 

"2024 is in 4 months... get aligned with your goals and be brave enough to make new choices."

And while there have been moments of feeling overwhelmed, I've also felt a renewed determination to find a way to do all the things I need to do but with balance. Achieving a modicum of balance would make all of it more rewarding. If I can do that, I'm excited for how things might develop in the next six months, with my work and in my personal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment