Tuesday, August 22, 2023

An Unwilling Sign Off

Today was one of those days. In a good way. 

some of the things I worked on today

It's a good day for me when I'm loathe to shut down because things are going so well (not because I haven't finished the planned tasks and I need to keep going!). When I'm in a zone creatively, the materials are cooperating, and projects are going as expected or better. When creating content just flows right along with the rest of the creative process, instead of being an extra chore I don't want to do. Like, I'm merely snapping pictures or filming what I'm already doing. And what I'm already doing is, well, YES. Amazing. When I'm alert and efficient, and things are coming together without incident. When ideas are materializing and solutions are easily accessible. Yes, one of those days. 

I don't have them every day. With the way life flows and the unexpected is a frequent occurrence, I can't even count on having one of these days per week. So when I have a day where I am afforded the opportunity to work uninterrupted, to address things that need to be done, to be productive (to the point where I even managed to finish things outside the studio, *ahem, ALL my laundry*), I just want to savor it, to maximize it, and I hate to see it end. 

Current situation: paint-covered fingers tapping away on my keyboard, trying to convince myself NOT to go back to painting after posting this because tomorrow is another day. But aaaarrrrgggh, I just hate to see it end! 

But I'm going to make myself put down my creative fun for now, having faith that in a few hours, I can come right back, rested and ready to re-harness the magic. And that it will still be here waiting for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment