Tuesday, May 2, 2023

An Ode

I've long felt that part of an artist's (of any discipline) job was to move people to see the world around them from a fresh perspective. And since color, texture, and pattern have always stirred the muse for me, I'm sharing this.

It's a collage of recent snapshots that demonstrate the things that are sometimes the start of a new idea. And it hopefully shows how the world around us is often all that's needed to get the juices flowing. 

color, texture, and pattern inspiration

I imagine that to some eyes these are just shapes. But to a person like myself who's spent years exercising the creative muscle they are possibilities. Plus a little fun if you like guessing games!

Light is another big source of inspiration for me. Have you ever noticed natural light dancing through the window at a certain time of day? How April sunlight is distinctly different from August sunlight? How the mood indoors can differ depending on the type of lighting? Stores are brightly lit on purpose to encourage lingering longer and spending more. 

Try to notice how different types of light influence your mood or level of comfort. While you're at it, pause and notice some colors, textures, and patterns as you go through your day. You might appreciate something you've never noticed before!

Check out a recent post on my Instagram page sharing how I incorporate texture into my work:

click to view



 


No comments:

Post a Comment