Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Clock Strikes February


So it's Jan. 31, 2012, roughly 10 minutes away from February, and I'm looking back on the month, feeling, for the most part, satisfied with what I've accomplished with the first month of my new year. Have to be- no turning back! I can say I'm thankful for everything that I've enjoyed this month, from new friends and fun, to progress in my work, challenges that forced me to "up" my game, and plans for new projects. A major accomplishment for me personally, especially looking to the next 11 months, has been greater organization and time management. I know it sounds hum drum to some folks, but everything I can do to make it easier, happier, more efficient and more fulfilling to do my creative work and make a living at it, is a good thing. Heck, a great thing.
I am a dreamer with a realist streak, and while I have big dreams about all the projects I'm anxious to complete, and all the ideas I'm itching to share with the world, I have to also be a doer. For this reason I am so thankful for a God-given passion for creating. It's one thing that I could have never learned. It had to be there from the start to whisk me off on the road to these dreams. And now it's midnight, and February is here. I'm looking forward to all the opportunities and inspiration that await. Are you?

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm looking forward to all the opportunities that may present themselves this year too. Best wishes to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassandra- very glad to hear others are, too!!

    ReplyDelete