Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Tuesday: Things I Make for Me

 This one is a little different. Because this TIMFM post is about something different I make for me: space.

Yesterday I shared a post on Patreon that mentioned some of the things I've been doing during an unplanned hiatus from my social platforms and my online shops. 

recently: a little sun and sand can reignite inspiration

Like it or not, I do take breaks from my creative work. Sometimes the flow of my work (or the absence of flow) forces me to pause and refresh. 

In recent weeks, as I underwent a slowdown in the creative arena, I got up to various other things. I had been furiously working to finish my latest YouTube tutorial video, move on to the video right behind that one, and finish a new series of pieces slated to debut in one of my shops. I was rudely interrupted by exhaustion, food poisoning, and a summer cold (among other things). It is normal for inspiration and motivation to sometimes seem to completely dry up. I've been an artist for enough years to know it's not a reason to panic. Since I am sometimes asked in conversations about inspiration, "how do you get back to that place when things aren't flowing anymore??", I thought I'd share some things that are helping restart my creative pilot light. A little collage:

clockwise from top left: getting creative with my niece- we made loads of paper jewelry; catching up on my reading, lots of cooking, maintaining my tiny garden; self-care: making scented therapeutics for personal use; interacting with nature: found a feather, put it in one of my hats; a rare treat: painted nails (before I ruin them while sanding or painting)

These are just a few highlights. There are a lot of things in my universe that I turn to to stir things up. And I'm thankful these things are there, primed to slingshot me right back to my big passion! 

What's something you know you can turn to for inspiration? 






No comments:

Post a Comment