Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Balancing Act

I'm taking a moment to reflect today. It is now late July and therefore more than halfway through the year. We have yet to reach the dog days of summer, but I'm looking out on a muggy, cloudy afternoon, watching for the latest round of storms to hit and thinking about how quickly fall will descend on us.

The overcast day probably made me think of the seasons of less light looming on the horizon. 

I'm in a bit of disbelief since we just celebrated the New Year. But I'm also relieved to be realizing all this now since, as an artist, there are things that I need to be doing to prepare for the final months of the year. Specifically seasonal things I plan to debut and goals I aim to achieve. 

Whew. It could get hectic, or I could put some plans in place right now for the ultimate goal: balance. Sure, the other goals are important, but they are virtually worthless without balance. Balance between all the things on the lists and self-care. Balance between the minutiae and the bigger picture. The balance between last year Renée, current Renée, and whomever I want to be next year by this time. I want to put in the work, but break for the deep breaths, the walks in nature, the daydreaming, and so on. So I'm mulling over all that before diving into the lists, expectations, variables, and the things within my personal control. And giving myself the luxury of creating a loose sketch for how I'd like the rest of 2024 to play out. I'll be filling in the colors as I go. ♡

balance this summer: a walk, on 

which I made a little discovery


No comments:

Post a Comment