Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Twenty Twenty Forward

 Happy New Year! 

Did you hit the streets for the holidays? Me? Lolol oh, absolutely NOT. I saw the new year in from the comfort of home. With champagne glass in hand, I opened the vertical blinds of the back porch wide, turned off all the lights, kicked up my feet, then enjoyed fireworks courtesy of my neighbors...

for about five minutes. Until my over-excited four-year-old niece barged in squealing, talking excitedly, asking questions, breaking auntie's moment of peace to "cheers" me with her sparkling grape juice. Repeatedly. I spent the start of the year chasing her around trying to help her understand the "chill" vibe I was going for, now that the holidays are coming to a close. No dice. And I'd like a do-over, please. Whew!

I was a fool to think I could ever top the new year's morning I tweeted a celebrity to compliment their performance on Dick Clark's New Year's Eve show. They tweeted back. I was in disbelief. I'll skip the name. I did enough name-dropping on another recent post, ha. 

Anyway, I thought it was a sign that it would be an amazing year. Turned out to be mediocre at best, with that moment as the big highlight, lol. And I'm the type who can find something to be grateful for in a pile of dust, so... 😆

So, New Year's resolutions. That's a no for me. In fact, it has been many years since I have attempted resolutions. Mainly because I have accepted the fact that I will spend all year of every year of my life evolving and attempting to grow and improve. In my daily life, progress is the prize, and I'm frequently tweaking and fine-tuning myself and how I do things. For my own peace and happiness and for anyone else I'm meant to help, affect, or serve. From self-care to work, maintaining my personal life and spaces to streamlining my studio and the work that happens there. I'm one big daily ball of resolve. A work in progress. And though sometimes I feel like going off the track, most days I keep on rolling with my mission firmly (if not always clearly) in place.  

Here's to a bright, happy 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment