Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Autumn Artistry

The natural world is a common source of inspiration for many artists. We find endless amounts of color, texture, and form in nature to inspire our work. For me, being outside seeing trees, bodies of water, wildlife, and the changing seasons, will always and forever feed my soul. Whether in exotic far away locations, or natural beauty found close to home, there's just... a thing about nature. Something that is healing, centering, nurturing. 

Whenever I feel overwhelmed, tired, frustrated, or even when things are fine, stepping outside and just breathing for a moment is the perfect reset. A walk, hike, climb, or spin in a kayak are all amazing, but not always possible. But in a pinch, even a few minutes staring at clouds, trees, or blue sky can be glorious. 

Every season is special, but since we're in the throes of fall, that's where we'll place our focus. Since my phone is never far away, and I'm frequently snapping pictures and taking video for the reference album in my phone, I'll share some of the inspiration I've collected.

How many times do we walk past a colorful quilt of leaves on the ground and totally miss the beauty right under our feet? Or walk beneath a canopy of cotton candy clouds without looking twice?

from my photo reference album

Well, I'm often intrigued by these everyday things. And as an artist, I believe it's part of my calling to notice them and get others to notice them, too. I mean, all the free beauty our eyes can stand if we just remember to look and appreciate it. Next time you head outside, I invite you to pause long enough to do so!






No comments:

Post a Comment