Tuesday, July 4, 2023

There's a Hole in the Bucket

Sadie Sidecar, once
employee of the month
On the heels of a brief break from studio work, I've been anxious to sink my teeth, my hands, and my energy back into my work. And being on the workaholic end of the spectrum, I thought I could take advantage of the distraction of the July 4th holiday to squeeze in some quality creating time. 

Yes, I had leisure, yep, I saw a light show. But I wanted to get a leg up on things I planned to tackle tomorrow anyway. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the cards, apparently. Each thing I picked up had something that needed fixing or addressing before 
I could proceed, which sent me around in circles trying to make some, any form of headway. I tried to print a 20-page document I needed to work on. The printer begrudgingly spat out 18 before going into error mode and refusing to print another line. I attempted to fix that,

Security, I've been
assaulted by Sadie.
but it appears it will need a part or parts replaced, so that's paused until said parts are obtained. 

On to something else. Oh, but to get this done I will need to find a certain box that contains spare parts. Can't remember where that is- better to ruminate on the last place I had it than waste time searching. Next. I could totally seal these so they could be drying. What "these" is doesn't matter- know that that is an ongoing possibility in my studio. I open the sealing product, and wow, it's hardened into a solid. I'll need to get a new container of that. No problemo- maybe I'll just scrap it and go ride my bike. Wow. my back tire is flat AGAIN. I literally just changed out the tube and put in a self-sealing tube before the last ride. The last tube I had, lol. So it was around in circles like this today. Sort of a "hole in the bucket" situation. 

And I'm back at square one in my studio, determined to have just ONE win before I call it a night. This. This will have to be it. Hi. I finished a blog post. Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment