Sunday, February 26, 2023

Dusk Rides

February is nearing a close, and here in Georgia, visible signs tell us that spring is hot on its heels. The days are suddenly hotter (without guarantee they'll stay that way), and the evenings are soft with warm, humid breezes. 

As this Sunday wound down, the evening approaching, I was lured away from dropping seeds into warm soil to hop on my bicycle for a ride through the last remnants of light. This was the perfect day, the perfect time to take a ride. Everyone was inside, busy with early dinners and preparations for Monday. So I had the streets to myself. With virtually no cars to avoid and a sweet stillness, I could cruise through the evening air unbothered. 

And on my ride I took a moment to pause and take in the sky. I spotted Jupiter, Venus, and the Orion constellation. All familiar to me since they've been a frequent topic of conversation with my three year old niece, who is currently obsessed. I'm pretty sure I only pointed them out to her once. Now she finds them and the moon to show me as often as she can. 

Anyway, in the name of fun, relaxation, wonder, or plain old curiosity, I highly recommend rides at dusk on Sundays as spring approaches. Lol, super specific, I know. But trust me.

Oh, if you're at all interested in the stars, check out the apps I use. The images are Google Play store links, but I'm sure there are some good apps offered for stargazing on IOS as well.



the Startracker app


the SkyEye app





No comments:

Post a Comment