Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Motivation

I know you've probably been asked this before, but I'm askin again. What crazy thing would you like to be brave enough to do?

I read an article and watched a video last night that I initially planned to just post on facebook, but the post just got too long, and I figured, what do I have a blog for? I love that these two imagined something, then just did it. I recommend watching the short video, not just reading the article, and I hope you get something out of it. I guess I'm sharing this because I've been noticing how some folks are not happy [with their lives, choices, surroundings, whatever]. I glean it from the things they say and the circumstances that seem to frustrate them. My life isn't "perfect" by any means, and I don't have some magic answer, except find what brings you joy, and do that. Get inside yourself and figure out what is important to you, and what you can let go of to make room for something that will fulfill you. That is how I stay happy most of the time, in spite of life, and everything not so fun that comes with it. Choosing to make time for my passion gives me the joy that softens the not so fun stuff, and helps me be grateful for the good stuff. You. Have. One. Life. And many choices. Lecture over. And now, if I may share my favorite quote from the video, which I totally relate to, as a maker of many things: "... sometimes the easiest one is just saying you're an artist". Happy Monday, and a miraculous week to you.

read the article

No comments:

Post a Comment