Saturday, January 8, 2011

A First

my 30 minute centerpiece
I enjoy the holidays.  Now that I'm grown up the main reason is good times with family and friends.  I could kinda take or leave all the trimmings, including the whole gift business, though. It's fun for me to give- I think I'm good at picking stuff out for my loved ones.  But being grilled about what I want and having to act thrilled or surprised makes me a touch uncomfortable (call me crazy).
This year I distractedly threw up some decoration here and there between other tasks just to say I did.  It was nice, and I really enjoyed the family dinners, a party here and there, etc..  But I don't think I've ever been so glad to see all the whozits and whatzits and trappings of the holidays disappear when it was all over!  It probably sounds awful, but I was so ready to be done with the holidays and start fresh!  Yay, new year!  I don't wanna see another ornament or pine needle for, well, at LEAST 11 months.  Lol.  Happy fresh New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment