Monday, December 27, 2010

WHY

is it SO friggin' cold in the southeast?!?!?!  I can't say I don't like snow.  But I don't like cold.  Cold wind cutting through my pantlegs and whipping around my neck makes me cranky.  I've learned, even since I left behind my childhood in the colder northern states, to be prepared and bundled up well so it wouldn't matter what shenanigans the weather got up to.  But sometimes I'm still caught off guard.

I scoffed when they predicted a light "dusting" of snow on Christmas day (in metro Atlanta??).  Then I found myself opening the door after Christmas dinner to see flakes drifting through the sky.
In short, the weather has been up and down here, with more chilly lows than I've been accustomed to in recent years.  Cold fingers have to work harder to be creative :o(.  So I've unearthed my old fashioned hand warmer and several space heaters to use in addition to the usual layers.  Think I'm ready to brave this odd cold spell.  Wish me warmth!

p.s. Merry Christmas/ Happy Hanukkah/ Happy Kwanzaa/ Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment