Monday, August 4, 2014

Makeover Monday: Long Necklaces

https://www.etsy.com/listing/198691445/five-strand-dark-wood-and-bright-coral?ref=shop_home_active_3
Click to view this necklace in my shop.
So I'm declaring this Makeover Monday, to address a pressing style issue. Underused adornment. Okay, how about "stuff we only wear in default mode, without adding our own flair".  Specifically, long single or multi-strand necklaces.
How do you wear a long, rope style necklace? Do you simply wear it as is, or do you experiment with different ways to adorn yourself?
I recently finished a new necklace for my shop on Etsy. It's a piece that's only been a picture in my mind, taunting me for months, until I finally found time to sit down and get it out of my head. I enjoyed creating this piece! It consists of five strands, with a lobster clasp and an extension chain, which allow adjustment of length and fit. 
As I was taking  pictures of the finished piece, I began finding more and more ways to drape, wrap, and knot it, to the point where I kept saying to myself "one more!". I was really inspired by the endless ways a long necklace can be worn, whether it's multi-strand like this one, several necklaces grouped, or a single strand. These are only some of the ways you can wear long pieces. I'm seriously still thinking of more! So I may have to add more pictures later, lol.
Click to enlarge image.
I had fun with this, and I will definitely be trying this with some of necklaces in my own closet! Hope you're inspired, too. Find more info on the necklace pictured here.

    Etsy shop

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!!!! Love what you have done with this one. Keep up the beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete