Tuesday, November 13, 2012

An Artist's Tools

New feature! If you're new to my blog, I'll just let you know that I'm a multimedia artist. What that basically means is that I'm a creative person with a short attention span. No, seriously, what it means is that I love working in many different materials and disciplines. It's a wonderful thing, because I never get bored. I'm always challenged as I discover new things in my work, many of which can be taken from one medium and applied to another. So there's a serendipitous fusion kinda thing that happens frequently in my workspace. I love it.
 
Anyway, in this new regular feature, "An Artist's Tools", I will share some of the fun, bizarre, and, I think, unexpected tools that I use to get the things I create. I'm excited, because I've got a LOT of tools that I use in my various pursuits, and I think they might tell you a lot about me. Anyway, here is the very first of this new feature, highlighting my most basic pursuit, drawing. Drawing is the seed for a lot of things in my work, and is often the conduit through which bigger, grander things can develop. Here are some of my tools:
 
1. sketchbooks in assorted sizes that can go everywhere easily
2. bull clips for clipping scraps from magazines, etc. into sketchbooks for inspiration
3. compact pencil sharpener 4. gum eraser 5. colored pencils 6. rubber eraser
7. pencils 8. pens
 
There you have it. I look forward to sharing more soon!

3 comments: